Thursday, May 27, 2010

Friends

I happen to surf on a Friends rerun this afternoon where Ross liked an English lady named Emily. On the day she was supposed to fly back to England Ross finally realized that he loves her. He talked to his sister, Monica, about it and she convinced her to go back to the airport and tell Emily how he really feels. Monica was confident that the girl will say "I love you" back. Ross rushed to the airport and at that defining moment said "I love you" to Emily. The girl just hugged him, said thank you and then boarded the plane leaving Ross dumbfounded and confused.

I thought to myself, I heard that before. Is it a normal response to just say thank you if you are confused about how you feel for a person? For lack of a better word you just say thank you to be polite? Maybe.

A few advertisements after I continued to watch the show and found out that Ross flew to England to talk to the girl but she wasn't home. To the surprise of Monica, Emily flew back to NY to talk to Ross and admit that she loves him.

Aaaahhh.. Friends.


No comments: