Sunday, November 21, 2010

I love being nocturnal

For the past few weeks I've been nocturnal. I thought working nights will be difficult but much to my surprise I am loving it. Attending to the needs of 6 people at night might seem such a huge task but it all boils down to management (and timing too). If they don't call simultaneously it could be a good night. All I have to do is make rounds every hour or so to check on them while they sleep. Normally, they get up every two hours to urinate. But other than that I have all the time in the world - surf the net, do FB, pay my bills online, read, blog - after my usual household chores. No boss bugging you at night. No annoying co-workers. Occasionally, there's a call in the night from the other house checking up if everything's running smoothly during my shift. Easy.

Thing is I am having a hard time sleeping in the day. The most that I get after my shift is a 30 minute nap and then I'm awake the whole day. I tend to sleep when it's dark. So, I get to wait until 5 or 6 in the evening to finally catch up some sleep. Good thing my shift starts at 11:30 in the evening. Misis Tikboy is worried about my sleep patterns. Even 50mg of diphenhydramine couldn't make me sleep in the day. She usually tells me "Tulog na. May pasok ka pa."

Sigh. I miss her. Sana end of the month na.

No comments: