Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Remote support via Team Viewer

Two nights ago my brother sent me a message in FB telling me that he's online. He asked me to go online so that he could send me the MS Office 2003 installer that I need for my netbook. It was two in the morning and I'm still at work but I opened my netbook and sent him a message using my BlackBerry. I opened my YM so that he could send first the TeamViewer installer. It took about 5-10 minutes before I got the file. When I got it, I installed it and then opened it. We needed the program so that he could send me other files that YM cannot handle. We thought it was going to be easy and fast but the moment he sent the file he was notified that it will take 4 hours. So, I told him that I'd just leave my computer open and then went back to sleep.

When I woke up at six in the morning, the file transfer was still ongoing. So I told him that I could not wait for it since I got to get to work. That's when he told me that he'd just remote access my computer - meaning papakialaman niya habang nasa Pinas siya at andito ako sa US. We usually do something like this when I was still in RP. So, I gave the permission. When I went back to my room to check up on the download status I saw applications in my netbook being tinkered by my brother. Then he was sending me messages via YM like: pinabilis ko na computer mo, alisin mo 'yung wallpaper at ilagay mo sa Windows classic kung gusto mo pa mas mabilis.. etc. We were supposed to install an anti-virus software but he was so sleepy so we postponed it to another day.

That night before Misis Tikboy went to work I was telling her what we did with my netbook via remote access. She said, Pwede pala 'yun? Sarap naman may kapatid na gaya ni Boy! Told her that anytime she needed to have her laptop's performance checked for optimal use we could always ask Boboy to do it for us. Sabi ba naman niya "Ayoko nga! Baka sabihin mo pa kay Boy tingnan kung ano mga nasa laptop ko!

Talaga naman itong Misis ko! Ambilis mag-isip! Hehehe.. Sana applicable din 'yung
remote support/access sa tao no? Ehek!

No comments: