Thursday, September 16, 2010

HDTV + Wii Console + Neflix Instant Streaming = Movies

I just finished watching 2 movies via Netflix - 2012 and Angels and Demons. I've always wanted to watch these movies but I couldn't get a copy of the DVD at Red Tube.. wait, did I get that right? Ooooopppsss... it's Red Box. :D Also, I do not have a DVD player, so I was trying to think of ways on using my HDTV aside from making it function as LCD monitor for my Animal Crossing: City Folk game. When I saw this commercial on TV



I got intrigued by it and googled it. After browsing through their website I found out that they do have a 1 month free trial period. So, I signed up for it. There are 3 ways in which you could enjoy watching a movie:
1. using the instant streaming disc which will allow you to watch a movie on your TV via Wii, PS3;
2. Watching instantly on your computer or TV; and
3. Wait for the DVD to be shipped for free to your home.

So far I've only tried #2. I called them a while ago and they told me that the disc will arrive by Friday. I'm excited to try it because I'd really love to maximize my TV. Tried to set up a splitter so that I can have Comcast in it. It works, but it's just like a clone. Whatever program is showing on TV 1 will be played on my HDTV. So, that's not really good since I have a roomie who watches only TFC which I don't really like.

Hmmm.. after I signed up and installed the viewing software in my netbook I browsed the list of movies and immediately saw a few that I've been wanting to watch such as: The Proposal, The Blind Side, Shutter Island, 2012, Angels and Demons and The Notebook, to name a few. When I saw The Proposal I immediately made a mental note that I will watch it with Misis Tikboy as soon as she gets home. So, I chose 2012 as my first trial movie. How did it go? On the technical side it was very good. The streaming speed was fast, the picture was clear and the audio was also great coupled with the fact that I used my RF-MAB2 bluetooth stereo headset as speakers. It as amazing! The movie wasn't so bad at all. I've seen a couple of Apocalypse movies such as Deep Impact and Armageddon eons ago. 2012 differs because it uses the concept of building an ark similar to Noah's Ark only now it's techie. I'll get into movie reviews as soon as I settle into the technical side of things. For now I just wanted to try it out and see if it's worth having for $8.99 a month.

Next movie: Avatar: The Last Airbender 3.

No comments: