Wednesday, September 29, 2010

myNavi

Woke up early today to do a walk through of our first step toward an adventure trip from NorCal to SoCal. I wanted to familiarize myself with where to go and what to expect before I drag (yes, drag) my wife into this. So, as early as 6 we were already on the phone and I was already observing how it's going to be when we finally do it by next week. Sabi nga ni Misis, "O umikot ka na diyan at huling pagkakataon mo nang mamasyal sa San Francisco."

I had my one last look at the Port of San Francisco at 6:35 in the morning and a glimpse of The Embarcadero, Bay Bridge and the Wharf.


After the ocular visit, I told my wife that I wanted to eat by the Fisherman's Wharf. Took the liberty of walking (I hardly ride a bus these days, I seldom use my bike too) towards the Wharf. But when I got there I had the sudden urge to visit Swan Oyster Depot at Polk St. I went there a couple of times before but I didn't take the same route. So, today I tried to take another route. I was getting a little bit lost and needed GPS on my phone but I don't have that feature. All I have is Google Maps and MapQuest. But the thing is, I can't use the application and at the same time talk on the phone (yeah, yeah.. I know AT&T can do that and T-Mobile can't but I'm not switching to the other network). What I did then was call my wife and asked her to google the directions and then just guide me as I walk and we talk on the phone. Pretty cool huh? My very own personal navigator.

Misis: Kaya mo ako tinawagan para mag-google ng pupuntahan mo? T: Ah, oo naman. Kasi di ko makikita sa mapa 'yung directions habang kausap kita eh. Misis: Sus! Magkano? T: Isang hump? Misis: Ayoko niyan, nakukuha ko naman ng libre 'yan no. T: Ngek!

My wife was very patient, yihiiiiii! After around an hour of walking, I was able to get to my destination. Sabi ni Misis, "Harinawang, worth it ang paglalakad mong 'yan diyan sa gusto mong kainin! Here's what I ate:


Sarap!



No comments: