Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Calottery

I went out yesterday to make a quick trip at Serramonte Shopping Center. I needed to get a memory stick duo for Ate Pining because the sd card that I have isn't compatible with her Sony CyberShot digicam. It was also my first time to ride the bus. I went for a walk to the bus stop along Del Monte but five minutes after the schedule stopover I got impatient and decided to walk. A few steps away from the bus stop, I saw the bus coming. Darn! So I went to Serramonte on a 1 mile hike. It was okay because I was talking to Misis Tikboy on the phone.

On the way home I took Bus 133. The fare was $1.50 for a one way trip. I alighted at a stop near Jack in the Box. I walked again and saw a few stores. I took the liberty of checking it out. There was an Asian store there. Beside it was a store offering to go foods, I went inside and found a vending machine for different card games. I took out a dollar and picked the green Calottery card scratched it and it revealed four $1 and two $3 totalling ten bucks. I didn't know that I won so I walked home. How did I know that I won? I was telling my housemates about the card and have them take a look at it. They told me I won and that I had to claim it from the store where I bought it.

Hmmm.. beginner's luck? Maybe. Let's see if my luck surges tomorrow for the Super Lotto. Now, this is how it feels like to bet in the lottery. Jose Rizal won the lottery while he was exiled in Dapitan. He spent the money he won on real estate. Given the chance, I'd do the same here. I'll buy a condo unit. Hahahaha!

No comments: