Sunday, January 4, 2009

Latin mass and Tourist spots at SFO


I finally devoted a day for tourist spots at SFO. But before I did that I went to St. Patrick's Church to hear mass. I did know that the mass will be conducted in Latin. I was surprised though that the gospel was read in English and the homily was delivered in English too. Inside the church there were several parol hanging. I smiled, halatang Pinoy ang nakakararaming miyembro ng parokya. I wondered if they held Simbang Gabi there. Hmmmm..

After the mass I went to Powell St. and waited in line for the cable cars. There were two cable cars going to the Fisherman's Wharf - Powell and Hyde and Powell and Mason. The ride cost me $10 roundtrip.

Most of the passengers were tourists like me. But they were smart enough to get a City Pass to get discounted fare rates to most of the tourist destinations. Getting a City Pass will give you unlimited rides to cable cars and Muni in downtown SFO. I better get one when Misis Tikboy arrives here. Hehehehe!


I went here before I walked towards the Wharf and Pier 39. What did I see? Just a bunch of old boats and old cars. It wasn't such an enjoyable sight.. not without Misis Tikboy. Kung magkasama kasi kami, kung anu-anong kalokohan na ang pinaggagawa ko! But I got to do an ocular visit of the place that we're going to visit. Magagalit kasi 'yun pag nawala kami! Hahahaha!


I wanted to eat lobster but I decided to save my money and let it go when I am with Misis Tikboy. So, I ended up eating here..


Saka na lang ako kakain sa restaurant pag kasama ko na si Misis Tikboy! Hehehehe! Kuripot talaga! Hindi rin kasi magi-enjoy kumain ng mag-isa.



At Pier 39.

No comments: