Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Oh BG, I can't stand it anymore

What do you do when you hear this phrase every five minutes since two in the morning? Well, get up and check on your patient. I've been up for almost three hours now because Harry keeps calling my name whenever he feels pain. I already gave him three pain pills in a span of four hours. I asked him if he wanted to go to the hospital but he said he does not want to, so I called it off. He said he could wait until the morning when the home health nurse checks in. But now he keeps on calling my name I could not sleep. I asked him if he wants me to be by his side to keep him company but he refuses. He said he does not want me to stay up because I still have morning tasks to do. But I could hear him beg right now while I'm in the staff room.

I can only do so much. I wish I have the gift to take the pain away.

Oh boy, I am really looking forward to my four day vacation!

No comments: