Saturday, February 14, 2009

23 hours

Just another 23 hours and then I am off from work. Hah! I never knew I would ask a break from work. I have never done this in the Philippines. I always get excited when I go to work. Something new to discover, something new to deliver. Something new to learn. Work for me is discovery.

But I am on a different field now. I have the same perspective but I don't know why it gets to my nerves now. Then it hit me - it's because I am at work almost 24 hours a day - in the same environment.

Usually my work routine in the Philippines is 8-12 hours of work a day and then I go home and stay in the comfort of my bed. It's different now. And that is the reason why I am getting grumpy. I noticed that I lose my patience a lot the past few days.


I sent a message to my Dad telling him of how I felt and what I did to counter it. Then I told him Iba na talaga ang magaling Dad, kung saan-saan ka ibinabato dahil alam na kaya mo ang trabaho. He just texted back Aba e di congrats sa CHOICE OF ACTION MO. You are near Enlightenment = choosing what happens when it happens = FULL ACCEPTANCE. Memory retains but no Pain.

This is why I love my Dad although I seldom tell him that I do. It just amazes me that since I came here in the States he tells me I love you and I answer back, on the phone. Feels creepy since I am not used to it. But just the same, I can get used to it.

No comments: