Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Doubt and self-talk

"Doubt is most often the source of our powerlessness. To doubt is to be faithless, to be without hope or belief. When we doubt, our self-talk sound like this: 'I don't think I can. I don't think I will.' …To doubt is to have faith in the worst possible outcome. It is to believe in the perverseness of the universe, that even if I do well, something I don't know about will get in the way, sabotage me, or get me in the end."
- Blaine Lee

I've been trying to get my mind in sync with my body. People who I barely know believes in what I can do. They think that I am smart, that I am intelligent, that I can do it. And it scares me. I have had people say that to me and I still blush when I hear them say it. I appreciate it though. And I am amazed at how these people can actually say that when they don't really know me.

Misis Tikboy knows me too well. At times I think that she knows me better than myself. She's got so much faith in me and what I can do that it is somewhat overwhelming. And I love her so much for believing in me the way she does. I feel really blessed to have her in my life.

No comments: