Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Me as T-Mobile tech rep?

I called up the T-Mobile Tech Care Team because I was having problems connecting to my T-Mobile account on my Blackberry as well as accessing the internet using my phone as a modem. Clayton from the Blackberry technical support answered my call and we were on the phone for more than twenty minutes. The first problem that I asked him to solve is the error message that I keep on getting whenever I access the myT-Mobile account page in my Blackberry. So, he gave me a run through of how it works. He grabbed a Blackberry and simultaneously we tried to access the page. We both got an error. Then I told him that Google on my phone works just right. So, he tried it. It worked. It took him about ten minutes to figure out what's wrong. The answer was plain simple: take out the battery without powering off the phone to refresh the system. After a few minutes, my phone went back to life and I tried out the page. It worked! So, I told him that it was his turn to hold and wait until I try it out - to connect to the internet using my phone as a laptop modem. He patiently waited. We were happily exchanging tekkie stuff when he told me he was just impressed with maximizing my Blackberry's potential. I told him that this is one of my passion. I even told him about my experience at Sheraton Oman where I was able to access the internet without the knowledge of the system administrator. He was laughing out loud and asked me if I got arrested or I was offered a job. I told him I was offered a job. He even asked me if I wanted to join T-Mobile or Blackberry Tech Team. I told him, if the price is right, why not? Hahahaha!

Ah, the joys of being makulit and being a tekkie. Now I am posting again using my Blackberry.

Yes! Mwahahahaha! I am a genius.. hekhekhek!

No comments: